Now Hiring an Assistant Nurse Manager, Transplant ICU!
This position is full-time, 1.0FTE, 2nd shift.
Location: US: WI: MILWAUKEE at our FROEDTERT HOSPITAL facility.This job is ON – SITE.
The Assistant Nurse Manager supports and collaborates with the Nurse Manager by overseeing the day-to-day operational activities of their assigned unit(s). This individual must be able to apply principles of leadership and human relations in the overall supervision and coordination of patient care and personnel, with primary accountability during the off shifts. The Assistant Nurse Manager assists the Nurse Manager with maintaining unit specific standards of practice based on current literature and professional standards of practice. This person may be delegated additional responsibilities as needed in the absence of the Nurse Manager. Other duties as assigned.
- Two years of clinical practice required which could include a combination of nursing, nursing support patient care experience. or a combination of clinical patient care experience with prior clinical or non-clinical leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with and maintain effective contacts with a variety of hospital personnel.
- Analytical skills necessary to prepare nursing care plans, outcome management tools, statistical reports, implement effective nursing care and develop solutions to problems concerning patients’ mental or physical well-being.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for up to 80% of work time when resolving patient care problems and dealing with patients and their families, often during stressful situations.
- Proficient in basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
Perks & Benefits at Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health Offers a variety of perks & benefits to staff, depending on your role you may be eligible for the following:
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunity- Career Pathways & Career Tuition Assistance, CEU opportunities
- Academic Partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Referral bonuses
- Retirement plan – 403b
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Free Workplace Clinics
- Employee Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance, Healthy Contributions, Care@Work, Moving Assistance, Discounts on gym memberships, travel and other work life benefits available
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.