CDC Affordable Housing – Financial Modeling Project Manager
LOCATIONS: Miami, FL, United States; Chicago, IL, United States; Saint Louis, MO, United States; and Remote, United States
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Job DescriptionU.S. Bank Community Development Corporation (USBCDC) is seeking an experienced finance professional to join our growing Affordable Housing team as a real estate Sr. Financial Modeling Analyst. This senior professional will be responsible for working with large clients, building and working with a team of analysts to support new business, and overseeing financial modeling of complex Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) equity and debt transactions. The individual must also possess a strong knowledge of Tax Credit Syndications to serve as a key partner in the Syndication modeling process and investor fund formation strategy with large institutional investors.
The team will work directly with Business Development Officers (BDO), underwriting Project Managers (PM), Asset Managers (AM), and Syndications Fund Managers throughout all deal phases to ensure deals are structured correctly and client expectations are maintained. The team will be highly responsive to a range of internal and external customers through clear and timely communication of financial concepts and strategies.
The individual will require a high degree of technical and financial leadership balancing profitability, yield maximization and risk mitigation across individual transactions and aggregate trends. The individual must have understanding and experience with LIHTC regulatory, legal, accounting, and tax concepts as well as real estate underwriting best practices.
1. Responsible for providing high quality financial modeling when developing closing projections for LIHTC equity investments and construction and permanent debt
2. Collaborate with customers and internal BDO, PM and AM stakeholders to effectively structure, analyze and develop deal closing projections
3. Oversee collaboration and direct connectivity of financial projections with USBCDC Syndications through highly effective communication, technology innovation and financial process improvement
4. Provide oversight for deal level financial and profitability modeling including: deal input, quality control, IRR analysis, risk sensitivities, data connectivity, issue resolution, and deal structing
5. Responsible for supporting the business line financial model and developing user documentation in accordance with business line needs. Supports training and process implementation for modeling team and other internal users
6. Provide ongoing technical support, training and issue resolution to Project Management and Business Development teams with the ability to explain and troubleshoot complex formulas and dependencies
– Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
– Eight or more years of related experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience- Twelve or more years of related experience in financial services, finance or accounting
– Expert knowledge of Affordable Housing industry, LIHTC program and deal financial structures- Strong attention to detail and being able to manage projects independently
– Knowledge of project finance processes: origination, yield management, underwriting, and closing- Knowledge of Tax Credit syndications and 3rd party investor requirements
– Knowledge of Tax Credit Adjuster and IRR Adjusters calculations
– High proficiency building and running real estate finance models to maximize profitability and balance risk- Demonstrated interest in promoting diversity in the workplace and a commitment to maximizing equitable access to affordable housing
– Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel including complex formulas, decision scenarios and if/then data dependencies
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience explaining complex financial concepts to a wide-range of stakeholders and customers
– Detailed understanding of deal profitability metrics, IRR, Shareholder Value Analysis and financial drivers
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Benefits: Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That’s why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most – your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com.
EEO is the LawApplicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $119,595.00 – $140,700.00 – $154,770.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.