COLLEGE INTERN NON CLINICAL, FMFH – FACILITY PLANNING & DEVELOP
Come join our award winning team! See What Is Possible….
Location: US:WI:MILWAUKEE at our FROEDTERT HOSPITAL facility.
This job is ON – SITE.
FTE: 1.000000 (80 hours bi-weekly)
Schedule:Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm or 8:30am – 5pm (some flexibility with start times)
Under the supervision and direction of a department leader, the College Intern Non-Clinical will learn from a high-performing enterprise facilities team. The team is excited to mentor an exceptional student seeking hands-on and professional skills. The role will provide the intern the opportunity to obtain knowledge of healthcare facilities and clinics by completing the following tasks:
- Field verify building interiors
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings into management software
- Create area polylines in AutoCAD using BOMA measurement standard
- Perform and audit space use at multiple healthcare facilities
- Align drawings to organization standards
- Current enrollment in an Engineering, Architecture, or related undergraduate or graduate degree program from an accredited college/university is required.
- Autocad software knowledge is required
- Familiarity with Revit software is preferred
- Able to read and create blueprints
Perks & Benefits at Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health Offers a variety of perks & benefits to staff, depending on your role you may be eligible for the following:
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunity- Career Pathways & Career Tuition Assistance, CEU opportunities
- Academic Partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Referral bonuses
- Retirement plan – 403b
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Free Workplace Clinics
- Employee Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance, Healthy Contributions, Care@Work, Moving Assistance, Discounts on gym memberships, travel and other work life benefits available
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. As a federal contractor/subcontractor, we take affirmative action in employment based on race, sex, disability and status as a protected veteran. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.