Director Pharmacy, Operations and Engagement
Discover. Achieve. Succeed. #BeHere
- This position is full-time, 1.0FTE, 1st shift.
- Location: US: WI: MENOMONEE FALLS at our INTEGRATED SERVICE CENTER facility. This job is ON – SITE.
The Director oversees key functions of the designated Engagement Center, Medication Access and Pharmacy Business Operations teams. Specifically, oversees daily operations for these teams and drives future program development and implementation within the Froedtert Health System. Daily operations include but are not limited to: Engagement Center oversight that supports all FHPS lines of business, medication and patient financial access, revenue cycle and financial/business management and overall customer experience. Establishes standards of quality, productivity, and performance for responsible areas. Financially responsible for P&L (profit and loss) of affiliated pharmacy teams. Active involvement in the daily supervision of leaders and staff. Will provide leadership and direction for pharmacy services across the Froedtert Health enterprise. Plays an integral role in the success of the FHPS business. This role also establishes relationships across the hospitals, the Medical College of Wisconsin, and affiliated or external partner Organization(s) to develop and lead a collaborative center of excellence for centralized FHPS (outpatient) services. The role enhances existing pharmacy programs to achieve both the individual and mutually defined goals of the organization and department. The position integrates accreditation & regulatory requirements with growth and operational goals while maintaining high standards of service delivery and patient satisfaction. In collaboration with clinical and administrative leaders, the Director identifies opportunities for quality improvement, data driven outcomes and implements innovative processes and offers solutions across care continuums to achieve desired outcomes in a complex interdisciplinary environment.
- Greater than five years of progressive managerial experience in pharmacy services. Successful completion of an advanced residency in Pharmacy Administration (PGY1/2 HSPA) or equivalent work experience required.
- Prior experience within an academic medical center, leading retail and/or specialty pharmacy operations/strategy, and/or leading centralized operations in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy is required.
- Registered Pharmacist (RPh), Licensed or eligible for licensure in Wisconsin within 6 months of hire required.
- Active membership in the Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin (PSW) is preferred.
- Active membership in the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) and/or other national Pharmacy organizations as approved by Pharmacy Administration is preferred.
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of health care and outpatient (FHPS) pharmacy trends. Broad knowledge of modern health care administration, practices, and principles within an academic medical center. Knowledge of and ability to apply research principles, methodology, and practices utilized in an outpatient (FHPS) pharmacy environment. Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision and administration as applied to the management and direction of personnel within all areas of accountability. Effective managerial and administrative abilities as applied to the management of multiple services within Pharmacy. Effective leadership and human relations abilities. Effective communication skills both in written and verbal presentation. Effective analytical ability in order to develop and analyze options, recommend solutions to and solve complex problems and issues. Ability to work harmoniously with all levels within the institution. Ability to effect collaborative alliances and promote teamwork. Ability to ensure a high level of employee, patient, visitor, and external stakeholder satisfaction. Ability to evaluate business opportunities, lead contract negotiations and develop impactful internal and external relationships. Must have a results-oriented mindset and lead with integrity and ethics.
Perks & Benefits at Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health Offers a variety of perks & benefits to staff, depending on your role you may be eligible for the following:
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunity- Career Pathways & Career Tuition Assistance, CEU opportunities
- Academic Partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Referral bonuses
- Retirement plan – 403b
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Free Workplace Clinics
- Employee Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance, Healthy Contributions, Care@Work, Moving Assistance, Discounts on gym memberships, travel and other work life benefits available
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.