Discover. Achieve. Succeed. #BeHere
Location: US:WI:WEST BEND at our FROEDTERT WEST BEND HOSPITAL facility.
Shift: Shift 3, Two 12 hour shifts a week, every third weekend and alternating holidays.
Get to know our West Bend Hospital Location
Froedtert West Bend Hospital is a 70-bed facility. Its Emergency Department is the premier emergency care provider in the Washington County area for the whole family — infants, children, and adults – as a Level III Trauma Center. As an active participant in tissue procurement and facilitates organ donation, we are also closely involved with community disaster preparedness, working closely with first responders throughout Washington County.
- West Bend ED is a 14-bed trauma center
- Nurse to patient ratio is typically 4:1
- Approximately 45-65 patients are seen per day
- Emergency Department Technicians also provide supportive care.
Nurses are ACLS, TNCC, NIHSS and PALS certified
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Emergency Department Technician (ED Tech) performs routine service duties and basic nursing procedures necessary to provide for care, comfort, and safety of patients in the Emergency and Trauma Center. Other duties as assigned.
- One to two years of previous experience as a Patient Care Tech (PCT), Medical Assistant, or Emergency Medical Technician is required.
- One to two years of EMT experience is preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician License, certified Medical Assistant, or State of Wisconsin Nursing Assistant Certification is required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required to be completed within 30 days of start.
Perks & Benefits at Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health Offers a variety of perks & benefits to staff, depending on your role you may be eligible for the following:
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunity- Career Pathways & Career Tuition Assistance, CEU opportunities
- Academic Partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Referral bonuses
- Retirement plan – 403b
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Free Workplace Clinics
- Employee Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance, Healthy Contributions, Care@Work, Moving Assistance, Discounts on gym memberships, travel and other work life benefits available
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.