MANAGER NURSING AMB ORTHO
Discover. Achieve. Succeed. #BeHere
- This position is full-time, 1.0FTE, shift 1
- Location: US: WI: MILWAUKEE at our FROEDTERT HOSPITAL facility.
The Manager Nursing Amb Orthopaedics is accountable for managing the delivery of safe, effective and efficient nursing services and patient care throughout the clinic. Responsible for the accountabilities noted in the Manager Nursing Amb Clinics job description in addition to the enhanced scope affiliated with managing a procedural service. This accountability is exercised by assessing, monitoring, reviewing, planning, organizing, implementing, managing and evaluating processes, workflows and functions that provide nursing and patient care according to accepted standards of practice and performance. This individual is responsible for defining and achieving service and quality outcomes that are sensitive to nursing and patient care. This individual is responsible for assessing needs, planning and allocating nursing and other patient care resources. Finally, this individual is responsible for recruitment and retention, hiring, managing performance, supervising and supporting the professional development of registered nurses and other health care providers who deliver nursing care and other clinical support staff who provide patient care within the clinic. Responsible for the day-to-day management of site or department-based clinic operations and providing team leadership to the clinic staff. Monitors patient and clinic workflow to ensure efficient patient care and cost-effective operation of the clinic. This job description has been adapted from the ANA Nursing Administration: Scope and Standards of Practice (2009). The essential elements and functions are consistent with the responsibilities of Nurse Managers as defined by the 2014 Magnet Application Manual.
- Two years of experience in hospital or ambulatory care nursing is required. Additional specialty nursing experience in clinic specialty is preferred. Two years of experience in a leadership role (e.g., nurse manager, manager, charge nurse, supervisor, assistant nurse manager) is preferred.
- Degree in Nursing (Baccalaureate or Graduate) is required. Graduate degree in Nursing or Related Field is preferred.
- Previous training in process improvement (LEAN, Six Sigma, etc.) is preferred.
- Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact) (or eligible for Wisconsin licensure). Certification in a Nursing Specialty or Nursing Administration is preferred. (e.g. , certification in clinic nursing specialty, Nurse Executive).
Special Skills Description:
1. Knowledge of nursing theory and practice and ability to apply that knowledge by appropriate integration of nursing practice into multiple ambulatory settings. 2. Ability to motivate, inspire and support nursing staff and colleagues to attain excellence in professional nursing practice. 3. Ability to work effectively and develop positive working relationships with staff and physicians in all levels of the organization. 4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. 5. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
Perks & Benefits at Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health Offers a variety of perks & benefits to staff, depending on your role you may be eligible for the following:
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunity- Career Pathways & Career Tuition Assistance, CEU opportunities
- Academic Partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Referral bonuses
- Retirement plan – 403b
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Free Workplace Clinics
- Employee Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance, Healthy Contributions, Care@Work, Moving Assistance, Discounts on gym memberships, travel and other work life benefits available
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.