Discover. Achieve. Succeed. #BeHere
Eligible for $8,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Location: US:WI:WEST BEND at our FROEDTERT WEST BEND HOSPITAL facility.
This job is ON – SITE.
FTE: 0.875000 (70 hours bi-weekly)
Schedule: Work 7 consecutive days (Monday – Sunday) and then off the following week. Hours will be 2100-0700.
Summary: A Medical Lab Scientist and Medical Lab Technician perform laboratory procedures using established and approved protocols that require the broad exercise of independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical supervision. Our laboratory professional is responsible for quality control instrument maintenance and specimen procurement and processing. Other duties as assigned. (u-s)
Medical Lab Scientist Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related science is required within 60 days of hire.
- Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent is required within 6 months of hire.
Medical Lab Tech Qualifications:
- Associate degree in Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology including an internship at an affiliated laboratory from an accredited institution is required within 60 days of hire.
- MLT (ASCP) certification is required within 6 months of hire.
Perks & Benefits at Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health Offers a variety of perks & benefits to staff, depending on your role you may be eligible for the following:
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunity- Career Pathways & Career Tuition Assistance, CEU opportunities
- Academic Partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Referral bonuses
- Retirement plan – 403b
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Free Workplace Clinics
- Employee Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance, Healthy Contributions, Care@Work, Moving Assistance, Discounts on gym memberships, travel and other work life benefits available
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten plus hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.