Discover. Achieve. Succeed. #BeHere
Location: US:WI:WEST BEND at our CP-WEST BEND HEALTH CENTER facility.
This job is ON – SITE.
FTE: 0.900000 (72 hours bi-weekly)
Responsible for performing a variety of ocular examinations and procedures assisting the provider with patient care and the daily operating functions of the department. Assists in maintaining accurate records. Coordinates the timely flow of patients through the physician’s schedule to maintain efficient patient care. Assists in educational and technical training sessions of other staff members based upon their expected level of competency. Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 12 months of prior experience as an Ophthalmic/Optometric Tech is preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required within 90 days of start in this position.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills Ability to work effectively with others in problem identification and resolution
Perks & Benefits at Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health Offers a variety of perks & benefits to staff, depending on your role you may be eligible for the following:
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunity- Career Pathways & Career Tuition Assistance, CEU opportunities
- Academic Partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Referral bonuses
- Retirement plan – 403b
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Free Workplace Clinics
- Employee Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance, Healthy Contributions, Care@Work, Moving Assistance, Discounts on gym memberships, travel and other work life benefits available
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.