Discover. Achieve. Succeed. #BeHere
Location: US:WI:MILWAUKEE at our FROEDTERT HOSPITAL facility.
This job is ON – SITE.
FTE: 1.000000 (80 hours bi-weekly)
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm, (5) shifts per week, and requires flexible schedule (able to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd) to meet departmental needs; may include weekend and holiday rotation
Froedtert Health is seeking an extraordinary trainer for phlebotomy to join our growing amazing team. The Phlebotomy Training Specialist will facilitate our 6 week Phlebotomy Program. Responsible to teach, support, coach, evaluate, and serve as a role model for apprentices and new employees in the phlebotomy clinical training program. Must possess a broad knowledge of phlebotomy skills along with answering questions clearly and precisely. Demonstrates the ability to capture the learners attention though teaching and application of phlebotomy skills in a variety of environments. Oversees the development of the phlebotomy curriculum, training schedules and presentations of classroom instruction, as well as being responsible for updating the curriculum. Partners with the phlebotomy manager, supervisors and preceptors to support and implement the clinical training associated with phlebotomy best practice standards.
- Minimum 3 years phlebotomy training/precepting experience required
- 5 years of Phlebotomy experience is highly preferred
- 5 years of leadership experience (informal or formal) highly preferred
- Trainer experience is preferred
- Healthcare experience is preferred
- High School degree diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates in a healthcare related field preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills Proficient use of EMR. Familiar with Joint Commission and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments regulations.
Perks & Benefits at Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health Offers a variety of perks & benefits to staff, depending on your role you may be eligible for the following:
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunity- Career Pathways & Career Tuition Assistance, CEU opportunities
- Academic Partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Referral bonuses
- Retirement plan – 403b
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Free Workplace Clinics
- Employee Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance, Healthy Contributions, Care@Work, Moving Assistance, Discounts on gym memberships, travel and other work life benefits available
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.