Discover. Achieve. Succeed. #BeHere
Location: US:WI:WEST BEND at our FROEDTERT WEST BEND HOSPITAL facility.
Emergency Department Staff RN
Shift: Shift 3
Now offering up to $12,000 sign on bonus!
Get to know our West Bend Hospital Location
Froedtert West Bend Hospital is a 70-bed facility. Its Emergency Department is the premier emergency care provider in the Washington County area for the whole family — infants, children, and adults – as a Level III Trauma Center. As an active participant in tissue procurement and facilitates organ donation, we are also closely involved with community disaster preparedness, working closely with first responders throughout Washington County.
- West Bend ED is a 14-bed trauma center
- Nurse to patient ratio is typically 4:1
- Approximately 45-65 patients are seen per day
- Emergency Department Technicians also provide supportive care.
Nurses are ACLS, TNCC, NIHSS and PALS certified
The Registered Nurse is a practitioner who is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for an identified group of patients in an inpatient environment. This individual demonstrates competency in delivery of care to a primarily adult population. The Staff RN-Inpatient job description has incorporated essential functions which are adapted from the ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice. Other duties as assigned.
- Clinical competence and experience in the care and management of target patient populations specific to area of employment.
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally acquired through completion of education at an accredited School of Nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse is required. Upon hire any non-BSN nurse with less than one year of licensed registered nurse experience will be required to enroll in a BSN (or higher nursing degree) program. Acceptance into a program is expected within 15 months of hire and the degree program must be completed within 5 years of enrollment, or 6 years if program is MSN, DNP or PhD in Nursing. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required within 90 days of hire.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required within 6 months of hire.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Trauma Nurse course certification (TNCC) are required within one year of hire.
Perks & Benefits at Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health Offers a variety of perks & benefits to staff, depending on your role you may be eligible for the following:
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunity- Career Pathways & Career Tuition Assistance, CEU opportunities
- Academic Partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Referral bonuses
- Retirement plan – 403b
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Free Workplace Clinics
- Employee Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance, Healthy Contributions, Care@Work, Moving Assistance, Discounts on gym memberships, travel and other work life benefits available
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten plus hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.