Discover. Achieve. Succeed. #BeHere
Location: US:WI:OAK CREEK at our NH-OAK CREEK COMMUNITY HOSP facility.
FTE: 0.0001 (OPT/Der Diem)
Shift: Shift 3
Come join our award-winning team! See What Is Possible at Froedtert Community Hospital —Oak Creek Emergency Department!
About our Community Hospital ED:
Exceptional Care Close to Home. As part of the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network, our hospital locations offer easy, around-the-clock access to emergency and inpatient care in a highly efficient setting. You will be involved in a team that provides care to those in our surrounding communities. Our small valued team means you are more involved in all aspects of the patients care. Our focus on patient experience creates a more desirable environment for staff satisfaction.
• A streamlined, efficient and exceptional patient experience
• Full access to flexible leaders
• Close neighborhood location with convenient parking
Services Provided Around-the-Clock – Emergency Care
• Seven emergency department (ED) beds
• Froedtert & MCW board-certified ED physicians, registered nurses and paramedics
• In-house lab and pharmacy services
• In-house imaging, including low-dose CT scan, X-ray and ultrasound
Qualities in a Qualified Candidate
- Clinically strong, efficient and autonomous care giver
- Values patient experience
- Possess positive team building behaviors
- Independent problem solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to critical think
Performs primary nursing functions of assessing, planning, directing, and evaluating patient care in the emergency department to patients of all ages suffering from various types of illness or trauma. The RN serves as a professional role model by collaborating with clinical and front office staff, administration and other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care is delivered to optimal patient outcomes. Other Duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a hospital emergency department or equivalent experience is required.
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally acquired through completion of a minimum of two years education at an accredited School of Nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required before orientation is completed.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required within one year of hire.
- Trauma Nurse Course certification (TNCC) is preferred
Perks & Benefits at Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health Offers a variety of perks & benefits to staff, depending on your role you may be eligible for the following:
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunity- Career Pathways & Career Tuition Assistance, CEU opportunities
- Academic Partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Referral bonuses
- Retirement plan – 403b
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Free Workplace Clinics
- Employee Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance, Healthy Contributions, Care@Work, Moving Assistance, Discounts on gym memberships, travel and other work life benefits available
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten plus hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.