Discover. Achieve. Succeed.
- This position is optional-part time, shift 4
- Location: US: WI: MILWAUKEE at our FROEDTERT HOSPITAL facility. This job is ON – SITE.
The Administrative Supervisor is a nursing formal leader who represents administration during evening, night, weekend and holiday shifts and has oversight for the decisions impacting effective and efficient clinical operations and nursing care delivery. Serves as the highest on-site authority for the Department of Nursing during evening, night, weekend and holiday shifts. Takes direction from Nursing Director on Call and the Hospital Administrator on call. Serves as a liaison to, consults with or escalates issues to on-call leaders within Risk Management, Human Resources, Public Relations and Emergency Management. Serves as an expert administrative or clinical resource in complex, high-risk or problem-prone situations and intervenes accordingly. Provides direction to assistant nurse managers, charge nurses and other staff. Coordinates and facilitates the placement of patients according to established criteria. Acts collaboratively as a liaison between the Department of Nursing and the Access Center, Admitting, Surgical Services, Emergency Department, Cath Lab and Interventional Radiology to anticipate and expedite timely patient placement. Responsible for assuring appropriate staffing and resource management on off-shifts, weekends or holidays. Collaborates with Logistics staff, Charge Nurses/Shift flow coordinators to ensure that there are appropriate numbers and competent staff to care for patients on all units and that staffing decisions are made according to staffing matrix and acuity of the patients. Applies knowledge of the scope of practice of each nursing unit and its operations in decision-making or consultation. Knowledge of sound nursing practice, overall hospital administration, emergency management, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, negotiation, and delegation are essential to effective performance. Reports to Nurse Manager of Hospital Capacity Resource Management who in turn reports to the Director of Nursing Hospital Capacity Management.
- Three to five years’ experience in acute hospital nursing is required.
- Two years’ experience in a leadership role (e.g. charge nurse, supervisor, assistant nurse manager) is required.
- Additional specialty nursing experience (e.g. critical care) is preferred.
- Degree in Nursing (Baccalaureate or Graduate) is required. If in position as of December 1, 2012, this educational requirement will be waived. Graduate Degree (Nursing or Related Field) is preferred.
- Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact). Certification in a Nursing Specialty (e.g. Nursing Executive is preferred.
Special Skills Description:
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice and ability to apply that knowledge by appropriate integration of nursing practice into multiple acute care settings.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and support nursing staff and colleagues to attain excellence in professional nursing practice.
- Ability to work effectively and develop positive working relationships with leaders, staff and physicians in all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Perks & Benefits at Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health Offers a variety of perks & benefits to staff, depending on your role you may be eligible for the following:
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunity- Career Pathways & Career Tuition Assistance, CEU opportunities
- Academic Partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Referral bonuses
- Retirement plan – 403b
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Free Workplace Clinics
- Employee Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance, Healthy Contributions, Care@Work, Moving Assistance, Discounts on gym memberships, travel and other work life benefits available
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes ten hospitals, nearly 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics draw patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process, if you have a need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.